Friday, December 14, 2012

Rain Barrel Update

It's kinda funny how things work out, I finished building my rain water harvesting system last weekend and then last night Glendale got it's first winter storm. My house received .4 of an inch of rain it was pretty much a slow drizzle of rain all night long. I went outside about 2 hours into the storm to check the rain barrel "WHAT!!! this thing is already full" I couldn't believe my eyes it never really rained hard but the barrel was already full and the overflow was shooting the excess water into the garden. Guess I should have built more barrels. I'm already looking at plans for a large cistern. Stay tuned
Water flowing into the barrel last night.

There it is this morning 55 gallons of water taken off the roof. Filled right to the overflow. 
My overflow pipe going out to the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment