Saturday, October 27, 2012

My name is Aaron Wilkinson and I'm an urban farmer. I live in Glendale Az and have been gardening my whole life in the last couple of years I've taken on the concept of permaculture and applied it to my entire life. I am by no means an expert in permaculture but this blog is for those who choose to farm in the valley of the sun. Growing things here can be difficult but, I feel we are lucky, you can actually grow things here all year long even in the summer, you just have to know what to grow when, check the perma links I've put in the sidebar for growing calendars. Please check out the Valley Permaculture Alliance link as well there is a wealth of info there. If you find yourself googling "how to grow Apples" don't. First most internet searches will take you to some other part of the country where things don't grow the way they grow here, Second only a few apple trees are known to grow well here. Go over to the VPA website and ask on there forum then you'll get the staight dope.What's growing now on my farm.
  • Anna & Dorsett golden apples
  • Bonanza, Desert Gold, & Florida Prince peach trees
  • Garden Price almond trees
  • Southern Belle Nectarine tree
  • Dwarf Valencia orange tree
  • Sickly looking Mexicola avocado tree
  • Purple Passion Fruit vine
  • Blueberries Sun Shine & Misty Southern High Bush
  • Boysenberry
  • Asparagus
In the Garden
  • cabbage
  • bok choy
  • tomatillos
  • tomatos
  • radishes
  • brocoli
  • brussel sprouts
  • kholrabi
  • several types of lettuce
  • sweet peas
  • spices, oregano, basil, rosemarry, sage, lavendar, dill, coriander (cilantro)
  • garlic
  • peppers, anahiem, jalapeno, pepercini, red bell
  • black eyed peas. yard long beans, green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment