Sunday, October 13, 2013

Summer update

It's been awhile since I've posted so here's a quick run down of how summer went.
These guys destroyed my tomatillo plants. Three striped potato beetles.
3 striped potato beetle larvae. By the time I figured out how to kill them they had eaten all my tomatillos. An application of bt will kill the larvae.
I'm starting to harvest my black eyed pea crop.
Glass gem corn I'm harvesting.
Raising our new girls has become a full time job and ducks are stinky.
Finally check out my new pile of mulch I scored it from some landscaper friends of mine it's 4 cubic yards of shredded mesquite. This will be the winter of mulch.
Finally Finally the monsoon ended on 9/30/13 and we ended up with just over 3 inches of rain for the season not bad for livin in a desert. 
BOOYAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment