Sunday, November 25, 2012

HARVEST PARTY, THANKSGIVING


This year my wife and I hosted the family Thanksgiving super. We had a great time we drank beers, smoked the best turkey ever, and got alot of our meals straight out of the garden it was great and it gave me even more ideas for the garden and next years Thanksgiving feast. The only bummer to the hole event was my sister and bro both couldn't make it, they have both recently moved to Washington DC I didn't realise  how much I missed you two until I found myself drinking with Aunt Sandy.

Kholrabi and pumpkin we grew we made a coleslaw out of the kholrabi  and pies from the  pumpkin.

A bunch of stuff we picked Thanksgiving day.

Some broccoli that was a little bitter because the plant had bolted already.

Some radishes for our salad the white ones are my favorite they're actually spicey  and you can't buy them in the store.

Big pile o beans nothing better than green beans and bacon.

 Some lettuce out of our lettuce patch that was a great salad.
The bird is cooking.

Finally the pie and it was great fresh pumpkin makes all the difference  the fresh pumpkin was so good this year  that I've decided to dedicate a large portion of my garden next year to sugar pumpkins and not plant any of the traditional jack o lanterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment